Friday, April 3, 2009

The Passing of Sardar Arjan Singhji on 1st April 2009






Ghalle aaye Nanaka, sade hee uth jaye


We come into this world when Nanak wishes aAdd Imagend depart as it pleases Nanak




I shall always remember Uncle as the person who gave the most impeccable speech during our wedding lunch. The eloquent way he spoke, the poise and the grandeur of his language shall always remain a pleasant memory which we can rewind over and over again as we watch our wedding video. I was fortunate to be able to pay my last respects to Sardar Arjan Singhji during his final journey in this earthly world. Sardar Arjan Singhji passed away on the 1st day of April 2009. I guess this is God's way of playing a joke on his family members right on April Fools day. We were waiting for God to pop by at some point of time and say April Fool but alas all of us knew that would not happen. He loved Uncle more than us I resolve. Although I only knew Uncle (who is my sister-in law Harjit's (my husband's sister) father in law only for a short time and never had the opportunity to get to know him more but he always reminded me of my paternal and maternal grandfathers Sardar Hazara Singhji and Sardar Gurbax Singhji. The loss of the family is irreplaceable but at least we know he is in a better place far away from all bodily sufferings. May Uncle's soul rest in peace. Our deepest condolences to the family of Uncleji.






Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

No comments:

Post a Comment