Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life Is Short

A death in the family leaves a void that cannot be filled. No one can ever take the place of this individual in the world. We should not try to comfort the family by saying that "it was his time anyway", or, "he was suffering". These may be words of comfort later. However, there must be time to mourn the fact that things will never be the same. One minute he was here and now he is gone. The human mind must be allowed to sit with this reality. Mourning is a necessary part of the human experience. If it is ignored, a general feeling of sadness may pervade.




THE PASSING OF MAMAJI SARDAR SARJIT SINGH

On 2nd August 2009, I received a call from my family while I was out carrying out my office duties. It was most devastating to hear that my mamaji SARJIT SINGH had left us on earth an moved on to be united with his maker WAHEGURU. His death came as a shock to all of us as we never expected him to go leaving us so soon. As I made my way into the room where mamaji laid on the bed, I was haunted by all the memories of him. His smile, the special way he told a joke and most importantly the way he smiled. He had a smile that reached and twinkled his eyes and not many people have that kind of smile as that indicates and innocent heart devoid of any ill feelings for anyone. Such was my mamaji, he touched the lives of many who had the chance to know him. He was 76 years old and his passing is such a loss to our family as he was the parent to my mother, aunt and uncle after their parents passed on. He was always the rock of our family and now we hv to learn to live without him. May His soul rest in peace always.