Monday, January 31, 2011

A Lazy Wet Sunday- 30.1.2011

Sunday morning was no better weather wise. It had been raining the whole night and the sun was no where to be seen. We had a choice of either to be lazy and sleep in or be brave and venture out into the cold and enjoy the Sunday. We decided to be brave and armed with our sweaters went out for a nice Chinese breakfast. After which we decided to check out the new the new mall that had mushroomed in Taman Kebuh Teh called the KSL Mall. Well nothing different from all other malls, this one had numerous shops selling clothes and shoes and other accessories. TESCO was supposed to also opened up here but still hasn't (although the directions to TESCO are already up on the various signboards. There is also MBO Cinema here bit since nothing nice was playing we decided to give it a skip. Anyways we were in KSL Mall less than 2 hours and decided to give Holiday Plaza a check out.


My husband was happy we ventured there and in parkson he manage to add to his collection of collectible antic cars. So far he has a Volks and a Mini and the latest to join the bandwagon is a yellow Ford Mustang. He loves them so much, our counter cabinet has been emptied of my ornaments just to make way for his current and future collections. Well anything that keeps him happy, cause a happy husband maketh a happy wife! Anyways, at the perfume department I just happen to stop by the Elizabeth Arden counter looking for a perfume that I had when I in college called the Purple Fantasy. I still remember the year was 1999, at a time when pocket money was so low, I had come across this small purple bottle which costs RM120 ( big money for a student) but since the smell was almost mesmerizing I had bought it nevertheless and used it sparingly. Unfortunately, the bottle got misplaced when I was moving back to JB for good in 2002. Up till today I still venture into counters looking for that same small purple bottle. Well my luck was again not on my side as I did not manage to find the small purple bottle however I put on a perfume called flower basket and instantly I was transported back to the year 2002 when I had first started chambering. The fragrance reminded me of my first day in office and of all the days to come during the 2002-2003 era. Lots happened and that was one fragrance that never left me. Memories encompassed deep in my heart that shaped my future and also my character came flooding into my mind as I relived every moment of it. Who would have known that after all these years all it would take is just a simple fragrance to transport me back to my gone era. I am definately going to get a bottle of that the next time I am around a perfume counter.



No comments:

Post a Comment