Thursday, January 27, 2011

Batam Weekend - 22.1.2011

My day stated relatively early this morning as my husband who had to go and work was up by 7am. After he left for work, I had a shower, got all dressed and went fro a nice breakfast at the hotel coffee house. The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, something that is expected of a hotel. Being me food has never fascinated me that much so I was done in one helping and decided to give my cabby a call for him to pick me up. Emmy was so punctual as he said and at 9.40am (Batam time, Malaysian time +1). since we were early for shopping, I suggested he take me someplace that was famous for its massage and Emmy took me to a place called Indo Thai Massage. Here I had a relaxing one and a half hour massage for RP140,000 ( RM50) and can safely say that all massages that I have been to in Johor which cost me almost double was nothing compared to this massage. One and a half hours just flew by and I craved for more and more.

Once the massage was out of the way, Emmy took me to the biggest shopping mall in batam which is Nagoya Hill. This mall was so huge I actually got lost trying to find my way back to Emmy. Here I bought a t shirt for my husband which cost RP43,000 (RM15). After checking out every floor I decided to go get Emmy and move on. Once in the taxi I asked Emmy to take me to Batam Center Ferry Terminal in order for me to book our retrun ferry tickets tom and save rushing in the morning. Enroute, I we passed this big Buddhist Temple and I had s top there for a while. The calm and quiet temple had 3 big worship halls adorned with Buddha statues and josssticks. The passages in between the halls had a statute of laughing Buddhas playing a musical instrument . The entrance and porch area of the temple were also adroned with various statutes of Buddha each with a different musical instrument. I said a prayer in one of the halls and lit 3 jossstickes promising to come back once my wish had been fulfilled. By the time we got to Batan Center was almost 1.30pm and the weather was getting a bit on the hot side. Once i got the tickets booked I asked Emmy to drive me to a nearby shop where I cd pack some lunch for myself to be savoured back at the hotel. I bought a nice juicy chicken murtabak with a side oreder og cucumber salad for RP20,000 (RM6) and once back in the hotel I enjoyed the various TV programmes that Novotel had to offer me while waiting for my husband to come home after work.

Once my husband got back at 4.30pm I was all well rested and was again eager to go out and do some shopping with my husband this time. So we called Emmy again and had him take us to DC Mall, another huge mall which had variety of things to offer all. The most appealing were the bags and shoes that DC Mall had to offer. I had to restarin myself as I already had many many bags at home. However I did manage to buy an embroided blouse which cost me RP160,000 (RM53 +). After we had finished with DC Mall, we made our way again to Nagoya Mall where we picked up some perfumes and makeup for me. I also bout a dress for RP119,000 (RM30+....which in Malaysia woudl have cost me nothing less than RM80-100). After getting all the shopping out of the way for this trip , my husband led me to a Restaurant called Happniess Reastaurant ( he had been to this rest on biz trips and claimed it had some good food). Well we ordered a meal for 2 consisting of Kung Pow Chicken, Kailan Oyster Sauce and Fried Sotong. The food was excellent and it cost us RP 69,000 (RM24) and we still had leftovers that we just cd not finish. My husband had his eye on dessert so we decided to share an Ice Durian Cendol. It was so yummy but the helping was so big even both of us together cd not finish it completely. Well suffice to say that with our bellis full like a phython we decided to head back to the hotel and put an end to the day as it was one tiring day and we had our journey back to Johor Bahru tom early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment