Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Jolt Of Life -24.12.2010

I asked God to give my life a 2nd chance and in retrun I promise to give my life another chance with all my life- Sharmila Hardip Singh
Everynow and then we tend to get to comfortable with our life and forget the essential things that are neccessary for us to live. We chase money, get engrossed in work that we forget to look and see to what matters the most to us. Our family, our spouse, our friends and our loved ones. Some are lucky where they receive this jolt early in life so that they can realise their mistake prematurely and do damage control effectively. Some are not that lucky. I consider myself one of the lucky ones who received this wake up call from God relatively early in my life. I shall never forget the day, month and year. The day 24th, the month December, the year 2010. I was admitted to hospital on 24.12.2010 with severe abdomen pain and on 25.12.2010 shifted to ICU whereby doctors deemed that the next 48 hours of my life was critical and cd sway any which way. That was my jolt which made me think what if?
What if anything happened to me, what wd become of my husband and my family. What if anything happened to me, am I ready to go? What if anything happened to me have I fully lived my life, have i fully carried out my duties and responsibilioties I was put on this earth for? The answer to all these questions were not coming to me whilst I lay on the hospital beds with needles pricking me and machines going beep all over me. That is when I shut my eyes and asked God to please give my life a 2nd chance so that I can give my life another chance. The power of prayers are never to be underestimated. My condition improved and on the 29th day of December 2010 I was discharged from hospital and allowed to go home. Stepping into my home i thanked God because I was not even sure I will be seeing my home and loved ones ever again. Thank you God and forgive me for the way I had lived my life earlier. From now, my husband and family comes first. Work and money shall have to take a back seat in the second inning of my life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAVE A PROSPEROUS 2011.