Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aeshlyn Turns One

I can picture it like it was yesterday, February 2nd 2008 was d date our family was to get an addition. I can still remember driving to Pantai Medical Centre on a Saturday morning at 6.20am eyes so droopy but heart filled with excitement at the thought of welcoming a long awaited addition to our family. Walking into the hospital room I am greeted by my aunt who complains how she did not sleep the whole due to the pep talk she received whether to go under general anesthetic or to take the epidural jab. She looked so calm although she was the one giving birth and we who were just bystanders were more jittery than a cat on a hot tin roof. Well maybe because she knew all will be well and so she let us do the worrying on her behalf I guess. Walking down the aisle while watching my aunt being wheeled into the operation hall. Then the wait. The wait is always the worst part. Finally after waiting, sitting, standing moving around, paying with fingers, twiddling thumbs a nurse comes out of no where (we were watching a different door and the nurse come out from the back door) wheeling the crib in which lay the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen with her eyes wide open looking at everyone gathered there waiting to welcome her into this world. I am sure from the looks in every ones eyes and the tears in her father's eyes she instantly knew how special and precious she is. Aeshlyn Kaur born on February 2nd 2008. First born to proud n patient parents Ranjit Singh & Daljit Kaur after 18 years of marriage. I still remember like it is yesterday when Daljit told me to hold her few hours old daughter in my arms n may she bring me luck that I shd meet my soul mate before she turns one. I can't describe how the luck of this little angel rubbed on me because within 6 months after that I had met and got registered to my darling husband. My aunt's words ring so true that this angel truly brings luck. 365 days later this angel maybe one year old but I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.
Kuala Lumpur mein mausam to pehle bhi badalte the
Asli bahar to ab aayehai
Jo hamari nanhi si Aeshlyn leke aaye hai
Hamari dua hain ke yeh bahar sade bani rahe
Aur hamari Aeshlyn hamesha muskurati rahe!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AESHLYN! WE LOVE U!