Thursday, February 19, 2009

The gift of love!

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
George Eliot
________
Honestly I always felt Valentines Day has been grossly overrated. Why must there be just a day when everyone shows their loved ones how much they loved them and that too with extremely expensive gifts and equally obscene over priced flowers? Why cant everyday be a valentines day where we show love to the person we love thru caring words, mock fights, making up, pampering thru acts which in truth doesn't cost anything but a sweet smile and time. Valentines Day used to hold a lot of meaning to me when I was a giggly teenager in school but once age caught up and responsibilities heightened the necessity to celebrate this day no longer existed. To top up that was that when u are single basically you have no one in particular to spend your day with.

But this year was different. I was actually looking forward to this day because i wanted to spend it with my hubby. It was our first Valentines Day together so although both were tired we took an effort to go out for dinner (nothing fancy......just simple indian food), spend some time together. Since both of us were tired we were not out very late but just the feeling of spending time on V day eve was good enough for me. After whispering sweet nothings over the phone the both of us dozed off into slumber land with the sweetest smile and the most contented heart. The next day I was greeted by my husband at my parents place with a big teddy paper bag which contained the loveliest gifts. I am very sentimental when it comes to gifts. I still have gifts that I had received when I celebrated my 21st birthday which was like 10 years ago (now all know my age!). The gift my hubby gave me is very close to my heart more so because it was my first V Day gift I have received in years n that too by my hubby with whom I am celebrating my first V Day with. I was elated. I didn't know my hubby was that romantic as he has always come across as someone very practical and prudent with his money. Having said that this makes his gifts even more special to me than any priceless gold in the world as this comes straight from his heart. I call it the gift of love! I LOVE U HUBBY!