Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Day 1: 5th March 11am Maiyaan


As I did mention before, this is a day all my relatives have been waiting for impatiently, the day they get to bully me with all the haldi they want to. I was dreading it but later calmed down and was actually inviting those who wanted to smear my whole face with haldi. But I must say everyone loves me cause I didn't get it half as bad as my husband did. Even his head was not spared and smeared with haldi. Kesian die. After seeing what he went thru all I can say is thank god my relatives are not that so revengeful. Anyways the maiyaan proceeded well. I thank Aunty Phyllis & Margaret for such a beautiful coloured rangoli (picture).

The highlight of the event was when it was time for my nephew and niece to put haldi on me, both of them aimed for my nose and plonked all the haldi on my cute little nose. Needless to say that was the part that was the whitest after I had my bath. My niece went one step ahead and put oil in my eyes instead of my hair. Hmmm miscalculation or on purpose? I wonder! I have to get to the bottom of this matter soon. Cant have any conspiracy theories

After the haldi and oil that was put on me, it was time to bath and savour the sweet rice made special for this occasion. I was pampered and fed by all my relataives and vice verse until all the rice in the plate was finished. It is traditionally said that the person who takes the last bite off the plate will be next in line to be married. I cant remember actually who had the last bite but I think it was either my uncle ranjit or my brother n both are married with kids. Oops!