Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Day 1: 5th March 8pm Chuda


Chuda is a ceremony where my mama & mami will put the wedding bangles in my hand. These bangles are dipped in milk and then proceeded to be put slowly in my hand. I choose a red bangle set as my wedding suit was red. ( I decided to go traditional and wear all red for my wedding rather than pink or gold). Incidentally my mum in law also choose a red suit for my to wear during my temple ceremony that is was scheduled on 8th March 2009 from 5pm to 7pm. will blog about that as the days go on but for right now back to my chuda.
I was adorned with a red suit and had decided to wear the jewellery set that my masi had brought all the way from me from England. After which my mama & mami put a scarf on my head as a sign of blessings. After this my mama proceeded to put the bangles on my hand while my mamiji assisted him. He did such a fine job the bangles did not cut me at all.




The most emotional moment of the night was when my dad hugged me and cried after the bangle ceremony was over. He made not only me but everyone cry. Not one person I can vouch had a dry eye after witnessing the moment between a father and his daughter. A moment of happiness, pride and sorrow all mixed together in a blender of emotions. After all that was a little dancing sessions and for the first time i got my father to hold my hands and dance. I can proudly say no one have ever managed that. Well after this I think I can call my self the dancing expert as I have so far managed to cajole my husband and father to dance. Incidentally both of them share the same birth month and are born only one day apart ( dad 20th October, Hubby 21st October) so safe to say they share the same characteristics. Another highlight of the night was when my nephew burst out crying as if someone had whacked him silly. All because my mamji had put mehndi on his hand when he brought his hand forward and after he washed it off and the colour refused to go off he cried like a baby. Thank god he fast forgot about it but he was a sight walking around with his hand high as if it was hurt. How we all laughed at this.

After all the revelry everyone was just dying to retire early as it has been a pretty hectic day and tom is equally hectic.