Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Day 2: 6th March 5pm Arrival of Baraat/ Milni

The morning the janj was to arrive was a busy morning for everyone. All my relatives were busy arranging the tables and chairs for tea time. Some were given tasks outside home to do. Simply put it was chaos with music blaring and mouth moving. Anyways at 1pm I saw a broad smile on my father's face as he welcomed his two estranged sisters and brother in law, nepehw, niece in laws and their children into the house. He had not seen them for 8 years due to a misunderstanding. I am glad that my wedding worked as a platform to bring them back together and make my father happy. Life is short.





One by one all my relatives and friends arrived and all were anxious to see the janj and more so to see the groom. The janj arrived at 5pm and were welcomed by dhol and with lots of shor. Needless to say once someone said janj is here everyone at my place stood at attention and some tip toed just to get a glance at the groom. Dressed to kill in a navy blue sherwani and yellow turban and sehra was the smart groom hiding behind his equally smartly dressed best man. I have to admit here I had never imagined that my husband will look so good in a turban and beard. This is the same thing everyone had been telling me once my cousin took off the sehra for him once he sat for tea. I was not allowed to come in front of him so all I did was peak thru windows and the shoulder of my make up aunty who tried her best to cover me as I sneaked a peak. Wow he looked good. After witnessing all this I was whisk away by make up aunty to start preparing for my jaimala at Royal Johor Country Club at night at 8pm so I have no idea what happen after i went up. I will have to see the video to know what else transpired while I was applying grease paint on my face.