Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Day 3: 7th March 1.30pm Lunch @ RJCC

We had actually very little time to recover from event and we were whisked away for the next planned event. Immediately after the ceremony we had to get back to RJCC where we were to go and have a few outdoor snaps with out wedding costume. I taught that would have taken just a while but we were actually held up with that way past one. Our lunch invitation was for one pm but one phone call to my dad rectified that and her said its ok call me when u r ready to walk in. Well after battling with the gruelling heat of Johor Bahru outside RJCC i was just relieved to be made to sit in the waiting lounge where there was air conditioning and I was sure I wont melt more than I already have. Whilst waiting for my hubby to do his shaving act I was accompanied by my mamiji and my masi who were chaperoning me whilst I cooled of my heels. Was just waiting to kick the shoes off my feet as they were starting to bite the beejepers of my foot. Anyways one by one the janjis passed me on their way to the hall for lunch. In the meantime my hubby had done all his shaving and was back at my side. We waited for a while till all the janjis had taken their place in the hall and then the time came for us to make out grand entry. The beat of the dhol, the shower of the flowers, the flash bulbs in our eyes and the smiling faces was all that I cd remember. I cant even remember who's who was there lined up to throw flowers on us. A long line of flowers throwers and a lot of flower petals (1kg to be exact) later we arrived at the main table to be given a sumptuous meal. I don't know about my husband but I was really not hungry and still had butterflies in my stomach thinking that the day we had planned for the past 6 months was halfway thru. Then came the time to make a mark on the wedding cake of ours. The magnificant 3 tier cake baked by aunty mary was just beautiful. I felt so sad to actually make a mark on such a wonderful cake but nevertheless did it anyways. Aftetr that we went around every table meeting my guest who came as far as Sungai Petani to be part of my happy day!