Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Day 2: 6th March 8pm (RJCC) Jaimala & Jago






Dressed in my red saree, my make up aunty did a wonderful job for my make up and hairdo. Everyone said I looked so different. Unfortunately everyone was so busy enjoying themselves I have very limited pictures of dis night. I am waiting for my photographer to return the pics to me so that I can pick the best and successfully update my blog. The janj arrived at 8pm to the hall. I was given strict instructions to became scarce from the hall when the janj arrived so all i heard was the rousing welcome the dholi's were giving the janj but could not sneak any peak of what actually was happening until the janjj reached the main table n I saw my husband being lead in by his host of relatives. This time he had donned a maroon turban with a maroon colour sherwani with a creme maroon shawl. Needless to say he was dashing as I have always told him he has the height to pull off that get up. Now I hope he believes me! Anyways cut to the chase. My husband and I were asked to come up to the stage for the jaimala. Thank god we were accompanied by all our relatives because i can't tell you and you most certainly can't imagine how odd it was standing in the centre of the stage whilst a sea of people having both their eyes on you. Talk about uncomfort then this was definitely it. The significance of this event was when my hubby put the sindoor on me and we exchanged garlands. I will never forget the kiss he gave me on stage. My hubby being a private person is normally not fond of showing his affections in public so that kiss came as a surprise to me totally. After the ceremony I was requested by my husband's sister to join them at the main table for dinner. The first I have ever seen where the bride is requested by her in laws to be seated together with them on the main table with her husband prior to the wedding ceremony.










My wedding also saw more first. I think this is the first time in any wedding history that the boy side and the girl side has combined their jago ( a pot traditionally adorned with candles which is meant to be carried on the head by a relative to and ladies dance around them to entertain the wedding party). We decided to break tradition and my husband's side brought their jaago down also so u can imagine the double fun had by all. My husband's niece Melinder dressed up like a man and what a cute man she made with her fake beard n turban. I hope my photographer got a shot of her! I again managed to make my husband shake a leg and this time went one step further and got his best man Jagdesh to shake a leg also. He and my husband really set the floor on fire. Its was heart warming to see both families on stage dancing. Our jaago had the symbolic message that this was not only the coming together/combination of 2 jaago but it was also the combination/coming together of 2 families. Wanna see how much fun we all had well..... you either had to be there to witness it because even pictures couldn't do justice to the fun had by all but still here are the pictures.


Till my next update......ciow!

No comments:

Post a Comment